SAND requests that the sidewalks from I-20 Moreland intersection to the Ormewood/Moreland intersection be reconfigured in compliance with the recommendation of the LCI. And that those sidewalks what were previously cited by the Dept. of public works in these avenues be repaired or constructed as in accordance with city code - Approved unanimously
Minutes from March minutes -Approved unanimously
Treasurer report – Keep pushing Amazon smile and Kroger rewards
Webmaster – Need user generated content from neighbors for new web site
Hunger Walk – yay! $1070 raised
Transportation Report – Bob Titus
2015 infrastructure bond summit goals:
- Parking deck for Zoo Atlanta $4m – take off list and reallocate; Memorial projects and Moreland are on other lists that qualify for matching funds
- Several projects on Memorial – ask to consider other projects and continue to Moreland Avenue
- Will the lists be changing before/during/after the vote for matching funds?
- Projects that transcend boundaries – come out of council’s budgets to go to other things
- Other neighborhoods are working on their own NPU lists
- SAND should forward to council for their projects?
- Sidewalk improvements by Woodland and Delaware (.25 million sidewalk repairs cited to homeowners)
- Sidewalks from Glenwood south to at least Ormewood or maybe to Custer; maybe get other districts to help with it. Repairs to standard or bring it up to LCI standards?
- Planning funds for streetcar extensions? Public works commissioner thinks list might change.
Lt Floyd APD – Zone 6
- 607 beat – summary: Moreland Drive burglaries; iPhone robbery from female jogger; Crime is occurring on major roadways; easier for criminals to blend in
- We are at adequate staffing levels; committee to address criminal elements
- Relatively low in crime; in spite of Woodland burglaries
- Drive out tags crimes: Should have official sticker state of GA seal; temp tag number on it
- SOP-do officers arbitrarily check tags at stop lights while patrolling? Yes, for vehicles on the high stolen lists.
- When pulled over, stay in the car, keep your hands on the wheel; make no moves unless the officer tells you to.
Sheryl Bennett – City Council District 1
- April 18 – ecoDepot at Charm - After the 18th will be open 3 days a week as need is determined at 1110 Hill Street by the tool bank
Wanda Rasheed and Moki Macias – Turner Field community benefits coalition
- Coalition of neighborhoods formed to address the 77-acre+ development opportunities from Turner Field transition
- 77 acres of public land with no process to determine its use
- 3 tiers of memberships
- Democratic org in the immediate area – steering committee
- Communities based from surrounding areas
- Endorsing orgs (environmental or policy orgs)
- 38 organizations have signed on; there will be regular coalition meetings for members
- For passing any legislation via NPU, coalition members take a vote back to their membership for a vote
- Timetable: working towards the LCI before it kicks off
- ANCS charter renewal meeting – need schools and children chair from SAND
- Glenwood Park event TBD
- Apr 25 District 5 tire round up
- May 2 community arts date for Dance 411