SAND August 13, 2015 Meeting Agenda
Welcome – Welcome new residents and guests! Be sure to renew your membership for 2015.
Trolleys for Sale – Cost is $25.00 for DIY trolleys, $50 for decorated trolley
Public Safety – Danielle Simpson with CourtWatch.
City/State/School/Other Elected Officials
Voting Eligibility – You are eligible to vote at this meeting if you have either (1) paid dues of $10 dues prior to this meeting or (2) this is your third meeting in the past 12 months.
- 929 Moreland Avenue SE – Z-15-036 – Request to rezone lot from R4 to R4A to allow construction of two single family residences; approved by LU&Z 7-1-3
- 1144 Avondale Avenue SE – BL-15-041 – Special Administrative Permit (SAP) – 104 single family townhomes of varying dimensions
- R4 to R4A rezoning proposal
- Vote on Schools Committee Chair – Melissa Hugh-Girdhari
- Maynard Jackson Atlanta Zombie Apocalypse: Dead End
- APS has 10 openings each on the CRCT Remediation Advisory Committee and School Turnaround Strategy Advisory Committee. If interested in serving on these committees, send a brief email to the Office of Communications firstname.lastname@example.org advising of interest by 5 PM on Friday, August 14th, including the following:
- School/Cluster with which you are affiliated and how (parent, LSC member, PTA member, etc.)
- Committee on which you wish to serve
- A brief paragraph explaining why you have an interest in serving on this committee
· Moreland Ave/Glenwood Ave intersection realignment project recommendation:
A) That the City of Atlanta acquire an additional amount of property along Glenwood Ave. SE on both sides of Moreland Ave. SE so that adequate right of way is available to provide dedicated and unimpeded bike lane capacity and retain currently proposed streetscape improvements. It is recommended that a total amount of apx. 1,000 sq. Ft. of additional ROW (apx. 200' long x 5' wide) would be the minimal amount of additional ROW property required.
B) That within the context and work plan for this project, an appropriate amount of funding for expanded sidewalk repair and replacement along Moreland Ave. SE be allocated from the 'city-wide' portion of the Atlanta Infrastructure Bond Fund line item known as 'city-wide sidewalk repair and replacement' for repairs to sidewalks extending south on both sides of Moreland Ave SE from Glenwood Ave. SE to Ormewood Ave SE.
C) That all streetscape fixtures, fittings and facilities to be installed within the context of this project meet or exceed current City of Atlanta complete streets design standards and criteria.
· BeltLine – General update; upcoming lantern parade workshops
- New SAND website is now accepting donations!
- Amazon Smile: Shop on Amazon? Use the URL www.smile.amazon.com and select South Atlantans for Neighborhood Development Inc. as your charitable organization. The Amazon Smile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible items to SAND.
- Kroger Community Rewards: Register your Kroger Plus Card online at www.kroger.com by logging into your account and adding SAND as your Community Rewards organization. Use organization number 76805, select SAND and then click on enroll to complete your enrollment. New enrollment starts August 1st for the 2015-2016 program year (September 1st, 2015 through August 31st, 2016).
- Contributors wanted!
- Request for business donations for photography contest.
- Atlanta Neighborhood Charter Safe Routes to School Project Public Meeting – Thursday, August 27th, GDOT Transportation Management Center, 935 East Confederate, Building 24 (entrance at intersection of Alloway Place & East Confederate.
- SAND & Glenwood Park Movie Night – Tentatively scheduled for Saturday, October 17th.
- Porch Press – Neighborhood newspaper, available to all residents. If you are not receiving the paper, call 404-373-3130 or email email@example.com to add your address to the mailing list. Article submissions welcome!